The iGaging bench square set is a solid two-piece setup and a solid pick that goes toe to toe with the best woodworking squares. Importantly, these bench squares offer versatility and woodworking-specific features that standard speed squares can’t match.
Alternative to considerIf you want a square with many of the same features but made in the USA: The Woodpeckers Delve Square comes in 3.5-inch and 6-inch versions. Both are premium-priced versions of the iGaging models, but they are made in the USA.
Features overviewYou’ll want to settle in for a while as we run through the numerous features of the iGaging 4-Inch and 7-Inch Bench Square Set. First off, the triangle part of the square is made of stainless steel, and the blue, anodized base is CNC-milled aluminum. The materials make these squares built to last. Beyond the materials these bench squares are constructed from, they have a wide array of measuring and marking capabilities. Here’s a list of the most useful and unique features:
- The bench squares come packaged in a styrofoam-lined carrying case along with a mechanical pencil and replacement 5mm lead.
- The squares can mark 90-degree and 45-degree lines.
- The triangle edge acts as a compass to measure any angle from zero to 90 degrees.
- The 90-degree triangle edge of the triangle has a scale with 1/32” graduations. This scale is helpful to mark measurements with a pencil and for machine height setup.
- The 90-degree triangle edge also has pencil slots at 1/8” intervals for marking accurate lines.
- The base has a lip that steps up to ½” for fast and accurate tool setup.
- The base also has a 1/4” offset on one side and a 3/4” offset on the other, which helps to lay out mortise and tenon joinery lines.
- The triangle’s cut out near the base can be used to quickly mark ½” and 1” lines without the need for measuring.